This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Diver Down - Roger Levesque goal celebration


In tonight's 4-2 Sounders victory over the NY Red Bulls, fan favorite Roger Levesque came on as a second half sub and scored the game winner on a header, and then added the insurance goal when NY keeper Greg Sutton misplayed a passback with his feet.

Roger has a sense of humor, as evidenced in his goal celebration after his second goal. You can skip ahead to 1:39:34 on ESPN.com's match replay, and you'll see what I mean - Levesque sits on the ad boards, and holds his nose and topples over backwards like a scuba diver entering the water off the stern of a boat. Good times!

No, this has nothing to do with miniatures and everything to do with my love for soccer, the Sounders, and players who don't dive/act/embellish or otherwise behave like assclowns. The icing on the cake? My indoor team won 6-1 and I went out for beers after the game with the lads.

Now if the US can beat Mexico in the Gold Cup final on Saturday, my futbol week will be complete.

No comments: