This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Armed and Ready!

Like a lot of other gamers, I played my fair share of RTS games back in the day. Command & Conquer, Warcraft, and StarCraft were my favorites. Of course, that was back when I was actively working in the gaming industry, so a lot of those hours were logged in the name of research, naturally. Well, OK, most were logged in the name of fun, but there was some legitimate R&D going on too.

Anyhow, I seem to recall some sort of mail-in promotion that tied in with the release of StarCraft: Brood War (I think) that netted you this ugly fella:

Photobucket

If I remember correctly, in the game he had a lot of snappy dialogue. Of course, nothing like the commando in C&C: "I got a present for ya!" followed by a KABOOM! as the building he just planted explosives in blew up. I used that MP3 for my incoming mail notification from time to time.

Photobucket
A face only a mother could love...

If you have one sitting around in a box somewhere, it looks like you can move them for decent coin on eBay. Mine's not for sale, so hands off, OK?

No comments: