This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grenadier Special Edition 2701 Battle Giant

OK, so it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I ruptured my right achilles tendon at my weekly indoor soccer game at the end of January, and I've been hobbling around ever since. Even the most mundane task (like taking pics of minis) is now a chore, but I finally got motivated and took some pics of a few recent acquisitions.

First up is a subject near and dear to my lead heart - that's right, giants! I've been pining after a copy of Grenadier's Battle Giant for a few years now, so when I snagged one for the bargain price of $21.02, I was pretty damn pleased.

He's big (check out the reference photo on the LMW) and he's heavy (four pounds!) and he looks absolutely pissed off and ready to do some serious damage with his two-handed tree trunk of a mace!

I took some pics of the parts, which I will post to the LMW was soon as I optimize them for posting there. Here's a shot of the box with all the parts:



I don't know when I'm going to put him together and paint him up, but I do need to get some Blu-Tack so I can putty him together and get a pic of him with some of my other giants.

Next up will be the other Grenadier giant, the Goblin War Giant. Following that up will Special #2, the Giant Griffin! Can't wait for that bad boy to show up in the mail.

1 comment:

Scott Burnley said...

So.... You're the lucky dog that snagged that Giant Griffin!

Great pickups, Tom!

Best,
Scott B.