This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 11, 2013

More New Old Dragons

 Superior Models FA-49

 Superior Models WL-137 (?)

Superior Models FA-36

I was fortunate enough to pick up a new batch of old dragons recently. The lot in question caught my eye because it was heavy on Superior dragons, two of which I already have and two that are new to my collection. And then there was the dragon second from the right on the listing picture that sure looked like a Dragontooth D79 Large Dragon, but I wasn't 100% sure. Turns out I am now 100% sure. And for good measure there was a Grenadier Brass Dragon (2504 or 9303), as well as a sculpt that could possibly be a Minifigs Large Dragon from Auroela Rococo (it is stamped ARM 1 on the bottom, far right on the listing picture).

 Dragontooth D79 Large Dragon

What I really was after was largest beast in the lot (second from left in the listing pic) that is FA-49 Tiamat, The Dragon. There were also two copies of FA-36 Puff the Dragon, and one I believe to be WL-137 Dragon with Crystal Ball on Treasure (even though it's sitting on a rock and not so much a treasure pile).

Minifigs Large Dragon (?) ARM-1

I'll have to snap some pics this week, but needless to say I am happy to have some cool new old dragons in hand and for only $10 each!

Grenadier Brass Dragon

No comments: