This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Favorite Dungeon Type/Location

My favorite dungeon is...a dungeon. I need a complex hewn out of the living rock, worked by tools or creatures with natural carving powers. It needs to look organized from above, laid out with purpose - even if the purpose is to kill the invaders. I guess I have OCD when it comes to dungeon design.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against organic adventure sites. D1-D2-D3 rank right up there on my all-time favorites list, especially when you throw in the fact they started...wait for it...under a dungeon. There is just something extra-special about going into a fortress, wizard's tower, etc. and discovering a hidden dungeon underneath. Cliche, perhaps, but I like what I like.

No comments: