This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Grenadier Fire Giant (713) by Julie Guthrie

I picked up this guy back in 2012, and it only took me what, four years to tackle him? I painted a trio of fire giants at the end of 2015 or beginning of 2016, and this Julie Guthrie model is the second of the three I am presenting today.


This is just an outstanding example of Julie Guthrie's work. To me, it captures the look and feel of the illustration from the first Monster Manual, except this brute is hefting an axe instead of a sword. The mix of plate and dragon hide armor is perfect, and I'm pretty happy with the results.


The axe is pretty plain, but if that's my only gripe about this mini, I think I can let it slide.

No comments: