This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

100th Post & Praise For My Blogging Brethren

For my 100th post, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about other people's blogs. I started The Lead Dragon because I wanted to write about topics that I am passionate about - miniatures, gaming, models, toys, movies - things of that nature. I find that reading what other like-minded folks are writing about is very inspiring, and if that helps me pick up my paintbrush or bang out a blog post or read a new book, all the much better. So thanks to you, my fellow bloggers!

My newest follower, luca tempesta, runs the Model Storming blog. Luca hails from Italy, so you'll need to click on the "click here to translate" menu bar in the top center unless you can read Italian. I think the thing that draws me to his blog is that his interests are quite broad, and his taste very similar to mine. I mean, what's not to like about a guy who writes about plastic WWII models, WH40K, fantasy miniatures, LOTR, and Star Blazers? Of course, Luca, unlike me, actually FINISHES his projects. Lots of great stuff for a wide variety of interests.

Speaking of variety, Mike over at Swords & Dorkery offers that and more! Musings on games and rules, session recaps, miniatures, historical items of interest, movies, books, and music.

The Angry Lurker is a prolific painter of WWII and sci-fi/modern/zombie minis, and a fan of The Walking Dead. There are some really cool pics of massive zombie battles among other things.

Lots of good miniature goodness over at the Realm of Zhu, especially some old school Citadel stuff. Oh, and beer! One of my favorite series on Zhu is the Female Armour series. We're not talking chainmail bikinis here (although I have NO problem with those!), rather women wearing practical armor, and wearing it well! Miranda Otto, indeed.

For my 40K fix, I can always count on the power trio of From The Warp, Santa Cruz Warhammer, and Dave Taylor Miniatures. I love the fact that they all contribute to various charity endeavors. Ron at FTW offers a lot of tutorials and how-to features that help modelers of all levels. Need to swap models and bitz? Check out the Barter Bucket on SCWH. Dave also goes into Flames of War if that's your sort of thing.

There's plenty of military gaming goodness at Big Lee's Miniature Adventures. Check out the handy scale guide on his page. Big Lee is a prolific photographer, and posts fabulous slideshows from his visits to many museums, castles, airshows, and what have you. Thanks for sharing all the great pics!

There are also some noteworthy blogs worth checking out in my blogroll, so take a peek next time you have a moment.

And finally, my news feeds: to keep up with the latest in blogs, you gotta love Eternal Keep. And for hobby news, Tabletop Gaming News.

Well, that's it for post 100. Thanks for reading, lurking, and/or following, and here's to the next 100!

Tom

3 comments:

x said...

Thanks for the nod, man. I see you have given me some new material for Eternal Keep. I will log in everyone not already there.

And congrats on #100. I just turned around one day and I realized how many I had done on the ADD Grognard blog and was staggered. I had been busy! :)

(And I have Tabletop Gaming News on The Keep so its a twofer! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words!

And for pointing out some interesting sites. I've seen the Angry Lurker's comments here & there but didn't realize he had a blog.

100 posts ... wow!

zhu bajiee said...

Hey well done on the 100 posts - here's to the next 100! And thanks for the shout-out. You're developing quite an enviable pile of lead!

It was also really nice to see those Elfquest minis - surprisingly (?) I'm quite a big fan of Wendy Pini's work and even DM'd a campaign of the Chaosium RPG back in the day. It was great to see photos of those minis which I'd only seen drawings of previously.

Also good score on the recent Grenadier LoTR boxed sets!